Wednesday, September 9, 2009

April 2007

Poetry originally published in April 2007:

half a block from sweet avenue....



....I thought I caught a flash of some memory we shared amidst the cold ashes of what once was a bonfire ablaze.....the flicker floats past....a vain glimmer of hope when none ever dared surface before....is it too much to ask....too much to think that maybe there was something more to who we thought we could be....an enigma within this mystery....smile now and remember me the way I was....I'll remember you as someone I used to know that's long since gone away....and the winter breeze will soon scatter theses ashes....another funeral at sea....



I walked over these streets...dimly lit and shadowed in presence of the fast approaching winter chill....wondering if the world might stop for me if I asked nicely....intent on breathing in the last remnants of autumn still hanging in the breeze....smiling sadly at the thought of you and where you might have wandered off to....chasing those things that never really satisfy you in the end....the moonlight pierces the shrinking shadows receding from the rising tide of silence....broken by the song of a new dawn approaching and the hope of spring and your return.....



speak to me in riddles and I'll answer with enigmas....it's never just the edge of night but a fine line drawn over the sand of this desert I lived in once upon a time....the chill seeping into the dry breeze that swept thru me in the dead of some winter life....I only wanted to see the sea again...feel the salt sting my eyes and the waves crash around....I only wanted to see the ocean come to terms with who I wanted to be....a lost soul floating on the reef in search of another song to sing.....



....wonder if the daydream is as good as the memory...standing on the water's edge watching the foam rush between my toes....warm salt in the breeze invading my senses....smiling at the thought that I might see the sunrise in your eyes....the golden rays that glitter in the swelling seas....one blink and the rest is just a fading outline...a blur in some flickering reel as the film spins at it's end....did we ever even stand there....did the sun rise at all......sometimes it's best not to wonder....and let the band play on......

No comments:

Post a Comment