Wednesday, September 9, 2009

November 2006

Poetry originally published in November 2006:

well I thought I would share a few of the things I've written recently with everyone. they're short poems that I wrote on the spur of the moment...one at a restuarant on a napkin even....and as with most of my work there's no real revision that goes on....I write them once and if I don't edit it in that first writing then I don't edit it at all....I think that while this may not be professional...it's just a matter of personal artistic quirks....and besides..no one is paying me for this yet...regardless...I wrote these in a few minutes and I think they have something to say....might say something different to you than to me....but the words are speaking nonetheless....enjoy them...let me know what you think....

watch the silhouette fade away to the inside of a distant shadow as we creep along the expanse of this haunted night.....footsteps tread lightly as we walk among the dwellings of the left behind....tension dimly lit by the last sliver of a dying moon....will the past undo the things we've often hoped for with their whispered resolutions and uncertain dreams....troubling this sleep we often never rest...compelled we wander on.....not quite lost but never really found.....


a spirit dancing in the slender silver moonlight...awkwardly stumbling thru the forest with the lonely creatures of the night....merely a spectre haunting the shell of a former life....I am the ghost of a better tomorrow....the last vestige of a once vibrant heart now beating in time with the broken and spent....funny that it always seems to be me who never wants to see this transparency so evident to all these prying eyes....always quick to critique another and leave their own black hearts be....walk on by...walk on me.....this ghost remembers a life you can only dream....



speaking in shadows and bittersweet melodies....I thought I saw the faintest trace of a smile as this thought crossed your mind.....too bad we never got past the simple pleasantries of being alive and alone and I think I might want to take this back when all is said and done....my heart is the worst kind of weapon and it's pointed at another tragic fairytale that we somehow want to believe is the reality we both belong to.....nothing left now but the saddest words we've ever shared even though we never once said one phrase past hello....might've beens and should've dones are the only faint memory I'll want to have as the jukebox plays another lonesome tune and the world runs blue in the dark of this welcome night....



the softest speech sometimes stills this beating heart that jumps every time the shadow falls over the room where we often tend to find ourselves....alive in the last fleeting glimpse of sunset before the stars appear to illuminate the even sky...tiny diamonds that sparkle in the deepest indigo...and if we close our eyes this moment might freeze in time and suspend us evermore in this bliss we discovered in a passionate encounter....quick as it arrives it's gone and I'm left here in these sheets listening to the faintest whispers of the midnight breeze and wonder if it was nothing more than some elaborate dream....

No comments:

Post a Comment